Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cocktail of the Week #5

A day late, this cocktail is a special request from my friend Dan. He asked me if I had any cucumber based cocktails in my arsenal of beverages. Well yes! I gleefully responded. This beverage was created to fill the void in my life when I had no access to Pimm's #1 (a gin based spirit with some secret botanicals). Without further ado... The Hendrick's Cup.

2 oz. Hendricks Gin
1/8 cup Peeled cucumber
1 dash of Fee Bros. Rhubarb Bitters
Ginger ale

In a shaker tin, muddle the gin, the cucumber and bitters. Add ice, shake well. And double strain (both a Hawthorne and a fine mesh strainer) into a glass cordial coffee mug, fill the mug with ice, top off with ginger ale and garnish with a cucumber slice, or two. Sip, relax, get a spa treatment and repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment