Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Finished infusions.

Today, my great friend Sue Ellen came over and made some cocktails, we tasted some stuff I'd been infusing and maturing. After this we decided it was time to pop the caps on a few infusions. Specifically my cardamom infused white vermouth and my chocolate habanero aged rum.

The vermouth has been infusing for about a month, and still retains a slight sweetness. The cardamom is perfectly present and was exactly what I hoped to achieve. Next I'm going to try a cardamom infused french dry vermouth.

The chocolate habanero aged rum, has been sitting in a new charred oak barrel for over 3 months now. It was pretty tasty before. It tastes smooth with a sweet chocolate start, smokey middle and a spicy/heated finish. It'll make a nice after dinner drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment