Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cocktail of the Week #9

I had guests return to the hotel last weekend. And they were excited to see me and thanked me again for the Hendricks Cup recipe I had given to them months earlier. We proceeded to have a great, very in-depth conversation about cocktail culture. They were ready for something different, and were open enough of give me artistic licensing to create a cocktail and challenge their palates. Of course I rose to the challenge, and over the course of 2 visits. I had made them quite a few cocktails. Well this recipe is one special request.

Ginger Manhattan

2.5 oz. Woodford Reserve
1 tsp. fresh ginger root
1/4 oz. sweet vermouth (perhaps white vermouth)
1/2 oz. ginger simple syrup
2 dashes Angostura bitters (perhaps orange)

Muddle fresh ginger, bourbon and bitters. Add simple syrup, vermouth and ice. Stir and strain into chilled cocktail glass. Flame orange onto drink. Garnish with cube of fresh ginger.


Thanks Andrew and Sid for the opportunity to be creative in a not do creative environment. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment