Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Welcome My New Little Friends!

Last week before I started the blog. I placed an order with The Whisky Exchange out of the UK (www.thewhiskyexchange.co.uk). It's hard to find specific liquors and the newest stuff from around the world. These guys certainly do a great job! The box was well packed and they got my order to me in just under a week!? I was amazed, but of they came highly recommended from my brother and some of his distiller friends. So I in turn will be doing more business with them and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to find something different or hard to find stateside.

So that little review wasn't my topic, today. But rather the unique stuff I received in the mail.

•Pimm's #3 Winter Cup- a seasonal release of the Brandy based Pimm's nice and spicy, makes for an interesting toddy. I've seen this in the states, but it's rather hard to find.

•Compass Box's Monkey Shoulder- A vatted scotch (now referred to as a blended malt scotch) I discovered on a trip to Scotland. Very approachable,not peaty at all like some scotch whiskys. Smooth I get orange like notes from it personally. This is a great scotch for beginners.

•Bol's Creme de Cassis Foam - this may sound really gimmicky, but it's actually pretty interesting. At 17% ABV, it has a pump that turns the liqueur into a foam. It'll make an awesome Kir Royale. It just adds a different sensory aspect to a drink. I have yet to see it in the US, and it'll probably end up being fairly popular of it comes to our side of the pond.

•Wood's Old Navy Demerara Cane Rum- at 114 proof it's a nice and dark rum from Guyana. It has a great spiciness and sweetness about it. Can't wait to work with it.

Well, I can't wait to work with all of it. Here's a few pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment